Friday 8 February 2013

Refurbishing Furniture!!!

As mentioned in my last post my latest "Obsession" is refurbishing furniture! A few weeks ago I came across Annie Sloan Chalk paints and just knew it was something I wanted to try! I am currently refurbishing my third piece of furniture which is a storage cupboard for our bathroom. I will share that in a future post.
The first piece I painted and waxed was an old corner cupboard that had been in our loft for years. It was originally dark wood but now look at it after painting with Duck egg inside and Old Ochre outside. It now fits perfectly in our shabby bedroom! See above.
Now for the dresser that I teased you with in my previous post. It started like this:

 Then after painting with Duck Egg Blue and an over paint of old ochre and old white mixed, some gentle sanding in places and two coats of wax it looked like this:
 Purchased some ceramic Duck Egg colour crackled knobs to complete the look!
 Inside cupboard and drawers is painted in the Duck Egg Blue.
 Sorry for the variation in colours in these photo's the more cream colour is a truer shade!

Have you used this paint? If so I'd love to hear what you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. Amazing work you have done-what a difference

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali - i have used this paint to 'redesign' my dining room - painted table legs, an IKEA pine sideboard, a chest of drawers and a dresser top wall unit all in Annie Sloan original - they all turned out really well. Your furniture looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you've done alyson, not used this type of paint before, but have made up a 'lime wax wash' which I've done our bathroom and kitchen doors and woodwork in...

    look forward to seeing other bits you do...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for following me and once a problem with my blog user Id I will follow you too.Love your having found ASCP and another great one with very similar results,CeCeCaldwell

    ReplyDelete