Friday, 18 March 2011
As I am sure my regular followers will know by now, my daughter loves to dress up and any excuse will do! So when a charity event like Red Nose Day comes along Sophie is full of enthusiasm! She chose and bought the T shirt weeks back when they first came out, not sure it was the punk theme she was after,I'm sure she just saw it as a clown lol!Anyhow just wanted to share a couple of photos of how she was dressed when she went to school today!
Wednesday, 9 March 2011
I joined a swap with a difference over on the scrapbeach. The swap was in 2 parts, first of all we had to put together some kits in the theme of Spring, to decorate a TP roll album. We had to make a kit of parts for each person taking part, including: patterned paper, ribbons, flowers, beads etc.etc. these where the bagged up and sent to our lovely host Irene who then sorted them out and sent the kits to everyone.Are you following me lol?
Second stage on recieving the kits from everyone is then to create a TP roll mini album, for a partner who Irene has selected for you, using only the components in the kits although we are allowed to use our own inks, paints etc. This way we can see what different albums everyone comes up with despite using the same kit of goodies! The thing is that being a Spring theme all the components were lovely bright colours which I don't usually work with as those of you that follow will know!
Well here is a sneak peak at the album, which is still a work in progress...
Doing something like this has really got me thinking outside the box, as you will notice on the charm I didn't have enought to fill it so I added a safety pin that was in the kit with some beads on it which I thinks looks rather good!
Friday, 4 March 2011
I suddenly realised it is our Nephew's birthday over the weekend so have made this simple card for him.
The Hot Air Balloon image is from the Kaisercraft Up, Up & Away collection. I have used my Tim Holtz Mini Baroque die yet again but this time I have used the "Negative" and made a frame around my image.I have also used the Scallops on the edge die for the back ground paper.
Wednesday, 2 March 2011
I am hosting a swap over on www.thescrapbeach.ning.com to make a junk journal. Here is a sneak peak at the cover:
This is made from corrigated card from an old box, over which I have Modge Podged a paper napkin. When dry the cover was then stamped with Stazon ink and a script stamp. The edges were distressed with vintage photo distress ink,followed by a gold ink pad.
For the title I die cut one of Tim Holtz Mini Baroque shapes from white card, glimmer misted it with Wheatfields Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Distressed the edges with Fired Brick and then Vintage Photo distress ink. Stuck on some glittered alphas from my stash.
I layered up the flower from 2 of Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die cuts, cut from old book pages. The lower one was glimmer misted in Olive vine to look like leaves. Then layered with a prima flower which I had gesso'd inked and sprayed with wheatfields. The Gesso makes the flower "plastic like" to add another texture. Then cinnamon stickles were added to petal tips and a Poppy was added to the centre.
I made one of my butterflies, which I seem to be making a lot of lately lol!
White card die cut to butterfly shape, Glimmer misted, edged with fired brick distress ink. Stamped with a background stamp also in fired brick. Then Rock candy distress stickles were added to the wing tips and 1/2 backed pearls for the body. Then the flower and butterfly were layered oto the cover.
For the inside cover I tore back some of the covering to reveal the corrigation inside. Painted this area with mushroom paint dabber. Then sprayed with Ancient Copper Cosmic shimmer spray. When the patterned paper was fixed on I tore an area over the corrigated section to reveal it!
More to follow!....